Sis. Donna teaching the kids.....

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Discovering your Purpose Before Dating!!!

Hi everyone,

It's me Donna.

I am very happy to share with you a message that God has given to me. I am a single woman, I have experienced this in my own life. As a single woman, I know the frustration, as well as, expectation of that special someone.

First: We began with how the Bible depicts a
" Virtuous Woman."
read in Proverbs 31:10-31

Second: Ask yourself - What are your intentions when you begin to date?

Third: Godly Standards.
1. A Godly man
2. Do we share the same beliefs ( very important not to be unequally yoked)
3. successful in the work force ( does he have a job?)
4. Etc.

Fourth: NO MEANS NO!!!!!
1. Make sure that he respects you!
2. Do not settle!

Fifth: avoiding lust!
Do not put yourself in a position that you may have a chance to be tempted!

sixth: putting a Godly filter on our minds!
Philippians 4:8

Seventh and final: How to know that this "guy" is lining up with what the word of God says he should be? Answer: GET IN THE WORD AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!!

This is for someone who may be struggling with this same situation, and is looking for answers to know how to avoid all the drama!
Donna's advice: Just do it Gods way, He will never lead you in the wrong direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment